In a newspaper article published by The Post-Standard August 12, 2008, the newspaper covers metamaterials used for visible light invisibility. The metamaterials are mixtures of metal and circuit board materials such as ceramic, Teflon or fiber composite. This article was uncovered by UFO Seekers 01/20/2019.
Below is a transcript of the newspaper article.
Invisibility One Step Closer; Materials Redirect Light Away From Objects
The Associated Press
WASHINGTON – Scientists say they ate a step closer to developing materials that could render people and objects invisible.
Researchers have demonstrated for the first time they were able to cloak three-dimensional objects using artificially engineered materials that redirect light around the objects. Previously, they only have been able to cloak very thin two-dimensional objects.
The findings, by scientists at the University of California, Berkeley, led by Xiang Zhang, are to be released later this week in the journals Nature and Science.
The new work moves scientists a step closer to hiding people and objects from visible light, which could have broad applications, including military ones.
People can see objects because they scatter the light that strikes them, reflecting some of it back to the eye. Cloaking uses materials, known as metamaterials, to deflect radar, light or other waves around an object, like water flowing around a smooth rock in a stream.
Metamaterials are mixtures of metal and circuit board materials such as ceramic, Teflon or fiber composite. They are designed to bend visible light in a way that ordinary materials don’t. Scientists are trying to use them to bend light around objects so they don’t create reflections or shadows.
The metamaterial developed by Zhang and his colleagues has a multi-layered fishnet structure composed of alternating layers of silver and magnesium fluoride, which is transparent over an extremely wide range of light wavelengths.
“In the case of invisibility cloaks or shields, the materials would need to curve light waves completely around the object like a river flowing around a rock,” Zhang said. “An observer looking at the cloaked object would then see light from behind it, making it seem to disappear.”
The process differs from stealth technology, which does not make an aircraft invisible but reduces the cross-section available to radar, making it hard to track.
The research was funded in part by the U.S> Army Research Office and the National Science Foundation’s Nano-Scale Science and Engineering Center.
Why did UFO Seekers Publish This Article?
This article is relevant to the UFO topic because:
- In 2017, celebrities within the UFO community and main stream journalists, began claiming “Meta Materials” (really named metamaterials) could not be made on Earth by human-beings.
- In 2017, Meta Material Truthers claimed a private Nevada corporation working under a taxpayer funded weapons contract named, the Advanced Weapons System Applications Program, from 2009-2010, possessed alien spacecraft Meta Materials stored in a warehouse located within the city of Las Vegas, recovered from a crashed alien spacecraft, hidden from most parts of the federal government to avoid oversight, and then were given to the private contractor for free to shield them from the public.
- in 2017, the claims of a private contractor possessing Metamaterials was used by celebrities within the UFO community to claim Alien Disclosure had been accomplished by a book publishing and media corporation, who had promised Alien Disclosure from 2015-2017, and who simultaneously conducted a capital investment IPO initial release at the same time.
- This historical newspaper article shows that human-being scientists can indeed create metamaterials.
- This historical newspaper article shows metamaterial science research conducted by human-beings, dating back to the early 2000’s, by Raytheon, China, and the Air Force Office of Scientific Research.